Could you benefit from our free home safety advice?
Our Independent Living Adviser can carry out a free home assessment and offer advice on how you could make some small changes to improve your safety and comfort, including:
- Draught proofing your home to make it warmer and reduce fuel bills
- Replacing faulty electrical items
- Installing handrails or accessibility ramps outside of your property
- Placing indoor grab rails by stairs or in bathrooms
- Fitting key safes to make it easy and safe for carers to gain access
- Installing smoke alarms and replacing batteries
- Small repairs carried out by our fully qualified joiner
We’ll create a report of recommendations which we will share with you or a family member. With your agreement, we can also arrange to make any small changes in your home. Some of the recommendations may be carried out free of charge using our handy person volunteer service or using our small repairs service at a subsidised rate. We also have a hardship fund available where applicable.
Our Independent Living Adviser and ﬁtters are PVG registered and we work closely with partners such as Edinburgh City Council, Home Energy Scotland, ROSPA and ATEC24 Community Alarm Service to signpost and give further advice. We work in line with current coronavirus guidelines.
In light of current Covid restrictions, we have delayed the launch of this service but for more information or to be placed on a waiting list for a home review please call 0131 337 1111 or email email@example.com.
Our funders and partners
Request our Independent Living Adviser service