We’re Care and Repair Edinburgh, an independent charity dedicated to helping older and disabled people across Edinburgh live independently in their own homes for as long as they want and are able. We are a charitable company limited by guarantee and registered in Scotland. Registered company number: 158690. Registered charity No: SC 023790. The registered address is: Causewayside House, 160 Causewayside, Edinburgh EH9 1PR.
Care and Repair Edinburgh is part of the Age Scotland family.
VAT Number: 208269993
Terms and conditions
These terms and conditions apply to the use of the Care and Repair Edinburgh website.
1. Please read these terms carefully before using this website (“Site”). Your use of this Site constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions, which take effect on the first day of use of this Site.
2. Care and Repair Edinburgh reserves the right to change these terms and conditions by posting the changes online. Your continued use of this Site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified.
3. These terms and conditions apply to any site under the control of Care and Repair Edinburgh and from which a link has been created to these terms and conditions.
4. Copyright in the material is owned by Care and Repair Edinburgh and/or its content suppliers. Care and Repair Edinburgh has made every effort to gain copyright for all written material on this Site. Any person who owns the copyright for material published on this Site, please contact us at the details in Section 18.
5. Unauthorised use of the material including reproduction, storage, modification, distribution or publication without the prior written consent of the Care and Repair Edinburgh or, where applicable, the respective copyright owner(s) is prohibited. Documents (including information, images, photos, logos, names and icons without the prior written permission of the copyright holders on this Site may not be downloaded, altered or adapted for any purpose except for personal, non-commercial use. Should Care and Repair Edinburgh receive any complaint about third party material on this Site, it will review the matter and remove material at its sole discretion. Care and Repair Edinburgh will have no further liability to either party in such instance.
6. Materials on this Site are provided for the purposes of information or reporting only and should not be relied upon. Independent advice should be sought on financial, legal and medical matters.
7. Links to third party websites on this Site are provided solely as a convenience to you. Care and Repair Edinburgh is not responsible for the contents or the reliability of linked third-party websites, either to or from the Site, and does not necessarily endorse the views expressed within them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to this Site, you do so entirely at your own risk. Any website wanting to create a link to this Site or to request a link to be created to them, must contact us as detailed in Section 18..
9. You agree to use this Site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights of, restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of this Site by any third party. Such restriction and inhibition includes, without limitation, conduct which is unlawful or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person, the transmission of obscene or offensive material or disruption of normal flow of dialogue within this Site.
10. Unless otherwise requested, by posting messages on the Site you are granting a license to Care and Repair Edinburgh to reproduce these comments on any other part of the Site and in any other publications.
11. Where you are able to submit any contribution to this Site you agree, by submitting your contribution, to grant Care and Repair Edinburgh a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sub-licenseable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, play, and exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to your contribution worldwide and/or to incorporate your contribution in other works in any media now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in your contribution. If you do not want to grant Care and Repair Edinburgh the rights set out above, please do not submit your contribution to the Site.
12. By submitting your contribution to the Site you warrant that your contribution is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available for any or all of the purposes specified above. Furthermore, you warrant your contribution is not defamatory, does not infringe any law, you indemnify Care and Repair Edinburgh against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by Care and Repair Edinburgh as a result of your breach of the above warranty and waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication on the Site and the purposes specified above.
13. Care and Repair Edinburgh has the right to remove any material or posting you make on this Site at its discretion.
14. If these Terms and Conditions are not accepted in full, the use of this Site must be terminated immediately.
15. Care and Repair Edinburgh does not accept liability for any damages whatsoever, including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, loss of profits, or any damages whatsoever arising out of, or in connection with the use or loss of use of this Site.
16. While Care and Repair Edinburgh endeavours to ensure that the Site is available 24 hours a day, this is not guaranteed. Care and Repair Edinburgh does not warrant that the functions contained in the material in this Site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this Site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs. Care and Repair Edinburgh may make changes to the materials on this Site, or to the information, products and prices described in them, at any time without notice. The materials on this Site may be out of date, and Care and Repair Edinburgh make no commitment to update the Materials on this Site.
17. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Scotland. Any disputes arising here shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of Scotland.
18. Any questions regarding the Site can be addressed by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to FAO: Care and Repair Edinburgh Data Compliance Officer, Care and Repair Edinburgh, Causewayside House, 160 Causewayside, Edinburgh, EH9 1PR.