Care and Repair Edinburgh: Our Strategy for 2023 – 2028
We offer a range of practical services for older and vulnerable people to help repair and improve their homes so that they may remain comfortable and independent for as long as possible.
We have provided this service for almost 40 years and have completed over 6,000 jobs every year in homes across the city.
Our values: C A R E S
Care and Repair Edinburgh helps older and vulnerable people to stay independent, comfortable, safe, and secure in their own homes for as long as they can and want to.
Our Strategic priorities for 2023 – 2028
We provide the best Care and Repair service by:
• Setting out clearly what Care and Repair Edinburgh is and does.
• Setting out our values and objectives with regularly reviews.
• Understanding opportunities to engage within our community.
• Continuing to develop relationships with Care and Repair Scotland, and other Care and Repair organisations.
We safeguard the ‘Caring’ aspect by:
• Developing a better understanding of the nature of the ‘care’ that we provide, including companionship for older and vulnerable people, and job satisfaction for our staff and volunteers.
• Developing a better understanding of how to measure/assess the nature of the ‘care’ that we provide.
We become a key solution by:
• Continuing to identify opportunities (policy, fundraising) to pursue our strategic priorities.
• Continuing to develop relationships with relevant organisations, statutory health & social care, occupational therapy and third sector organisations including to:
o Help people to be safely discharged from hospital.
o Help to provide safe and secure access for carers.
o Help to ensure that people are warm and comfortable.
We continue to operate sustainably.