We have a team of over 50 volunteers carrying out DIY tasks in older and disabled people’s homes around Edinburgh. It’s a great chance to contribute to your local community and build new relationships with people who really value your help.
Our volunteers enjoy the flexible nature of their volunteering with us and can expect training, support and the ability to claim expenses.
Volunteers offer the following services:
Practical household tasks such as:
- Changing lightbulbs and smoke alarm batteries
- Fitting door chains, viewers and door locks
- Fixing cupboard doors; assembling flat pack furniture
- Hanging pictures, fixing curtain rails, changing curtains
- Giving advice on home safety and security
Technical handyperson service such as:
- Set up of TV/DVD/Freeview/Digital Box
- Setting up printers
- Downloading and setting up Skype
- First Line PC fixes
- Uploading photos from a camera
- Setting up phones
You can become a volunteer by filling in our online application form, downloading the volunteer application form or by calling us on 0131 337 1111.
Please note that we will need to complete Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) membership scheme checks before you can commence work. This can take 6-8 weeks to be approved.
Apply to become a volunteer online