We have a team of volunteers carrying out DIY tasks in older and disabled people’s homes around Edinburgh. It’s a great chance to contribute to your local community and build new relationships with people who really value your help.
Our volunteers enjoy the flexible nature of their volunteering with us and can expect training, support and the ability to claim expenses.
Volunteers offer the following services:
Practical household tasks such as:
- Changing lightbulbs
- Fitting door chains
- Fixing cupboard doors; assembling small flat pack furniture
- Hanging pictures, fixing curtain rails, changing curtains
- Turning mattresses and moving small items furniture
Technical handyperson service such as:
- Set up of TV/DVD/Digital Box
- Setting up printers
- Downloading and setting up apps
- PC updates
- Uploading photos from a camera
- Setting up phones
Please note that we will need to complete Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) membership scheme checks before you can commence work. This can take 6-8 weeks to be approved.
Apply to become a volunteer online